Lee integrates her extensive experience as an eye doctor with her comprehensive knowledge and experience in both constitutional and eyesight-specific acupuncture protocols to treat Retinitis Pigmentosa, Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma and other degenerative eye diseases.
Her comprehensive treatment program—offered in intensive four day treatment sessions for out-of-town patients and flexible, twice-weekly sessions for local patients—consist of the following:
- Step 1: Consultation covering health history, diet, lifestyle and other important factors that will determine the individualized treatment approach. (Patients need to provide the following via fax or email prior to start of consultation: Medical records from eye doctor, including eyes exams and tests, as well as any prior acupuncture treatments)
- Step 2: Pre-Treatment Visual Field test at local eye clinic (10 minute walk from Able Acupuncture), as well as far and near visual acuity tests to establish baseline.
- Step 3: Therapy consists of Three 30-minute micro-acupuncture treatment sessions per day based on your specific eye condition and schedule. Electro-acupuncture, scalp acupuncture and other therapies may also be incorporated.
- Step 4: Post-Treatment Visual Field and Acuity Tests to measure treatment results and determine ongoing treatment plans.
- One-time Initial Consultation: $100
- Pre-Treatment/Post Treatment Visual Field Test: $65 per session at Mercer Island Eyeworks
- Micro-acupuncture Treatment: $125 per session
- Scalp-acupuncture Treatment: $65 per session
Note: The recommended micro acupuncture treatment protocol is 10 – 15 treatments per treatment cycle (most MD and RP patients are advised to repeat these treatment cycles every four to six months). Local patients can schedule these treatments (two to three treatments a day, twice a week over a three-week period) based on their schedule. Lee offers a comprehensive weeklong treatment plan (3 -4 treatments a day) for out-of-town patients.